Sunday, March 6, 2011

Rating: ****

How to Layer for Winter Ski Touring and Snowshoeing

In this article Ryan Stuart talks about how to dress appropriately according to the weather.

Stuart suggests that it’s best to dress in layer with a soft shell layer on top, or a light hard shell when it gets really “nasty” out. The idea of having layers allows you to drop or add layers to prevent you from sweating too much. He says for him he’s set for a temperature anywhere from -25 to +10. Stuart says it’s also important to wear clothes that are breathable, windproof, and waterproof. At the end he lists some good brands of coats that would be good to wear during winter exercises.

Over all I think it was a good article that gave me a good amount of information so me to know how to dress to go out and do winter sports. I liked how Stuart gave some suggestions for brands that would be good so I knew what I would be looking for.

Stuart, Ryan. “How to Layer for Winter Ski Touring and Snowshoeing.” http://explore-mag.com, 2001-2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment