This article is a beginner’s guide to buying a canoe.
The author obviously knows very much about the subject because the article is full of thirteen great tips, such as:
- What will the canoe be used for? It isn’t a good idea to buy a flat water canoe for a whitewater trip.
- How many people will be in the canoe? Too many people in a small canoe will break it.
- What will be the average trip length?
- What type of material will the canoe be made from?
- What is your trim preference?
- What are the differences between asymmetrical and symmetrical canoes?
- How does the rocker affect the tracking of the canoe?
- How does hull shape affect performance?
- Why is the shape of the sides and bow important?
- What about length, width and depth?
- How are the seats constructed?
- How is the yoke constructed?
These are just a few of the important questions to ask.
I found this article to be very helpful and informative. Should I ever buy a canoe I will definitely refer to this information to make my decision. The tips that the author gives would be a big help to any first time canoe buyer and that is why I highly recommend it to anyone looking to buy a new canoe or even just researching one. Buying a canoe is an important process and should be researched beforehand to make sure you are getting exactly what you need for your money.