Tuesday, May 28, 2013

It’s going to be a hot summer!


It’s going to be a hot summer!

Get Wet Whitewater Rafting

Originally published in Ottawa Outdoors Magazine

****Excellent

            This is an excellent article because it got my attention right away.  I always wanted to go whitewater rafting because it looks like a lot of fun and it’s exciting, interesting, scary & awesome.

            The article “It’s going to be a hot summer!” is about describing what you can do in the Ontario Highlands during the summer months.  You can go whitewater rafting on the Ottawa River one of the top whitewater destinations in the world.  Fishing is plentiful on the many lakes in the region with more than 20 species of fish.  Canoeing is also possible on many rivers and lakes.  There are many hiking trails, caves to visit such as the Bonnechere Caves.  If you’re interested in rocks and minerals you can visit Murphy’s Point “Rock Cycle”.  It’s one of the many geological tours you can go on.  There’s no shortage of interesting things to do.

            This article has affected me by letting me realize that I can go whitewater rafting on the Ottawa River and its’ not too far away.  I always wanted to go whitewater rafting.  I learned that there are many outdoor experiences right around the corner especially when there are 7000 lakes in the Ontario Highlands and you can fish on a different lake each day for years.  I’m inspired to go whitewater rafting.  I’ll probably go more out on the water now.

Originally published in Ottawa Outdoors Magazine.  It’s going to be a hot summer!””.  Ottawa Outdoors. SPECIAL EDITION: The Outdoor & Adventure Travel Show.  Page 22

 

No comments:

Post a Comment