Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Open Canoe Technique-Andrew Westwood

Rating: ***

Andrew talks about canoeing in rivers with low water levels, and a technique you can use to get down the river faster.

He talks about canoeing down rivers with low water levels, and using the rocks to guide you down the river. If you accidentally hit a rock, don't say "I meant to do that", just try to hit the rock and not get out of control. He says that rocks are actually good to use because they give you a quick change of direction, something a stroke can't do.

I think this is useful for me, because I am taking outdoor ed next year, and you never know what to expect. Also, I think this is a good guide for anyone who would like to go canoeing, as it would help them in a sticky situation.


http://www.rapidmedia.com/skills-whitewater/item/1779-creekin-rocks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment