Friday, December 19, 2014

Ten Tips For Bouldering Indoors

Ten Tips For Bouldering Indoors

By Dave Flanagan 

Rating *****

         This was a very well written and informative article about 10 really useful tips for bouldering indoors. First the author takes us threw the basics and he discuss some ways to warm up like stretching and maybe start out with a very easy route just to get the body ready for more advanced routes. The next thing he focuses on is the theory and study of bouldering, he talks about formulating a plan for each route before going on it, he talks about observing other climbers on the route you plan on climbing, and he talks about your center of gravity while climbing. He also mentioned that you should work on your weaknesses rather than strengths. The article focuses a good bit on safety and etiquette as well. He ends this article saying that if you really do enjoy climbing indoors you should try and climb on real rock as well.


This was a very informative and useful article for me because I am trying to learn how to climb and boulder. The tips given here will help me improve my climbing skill as well as give me some sort of guide when trying to figure out a difficult route. I really enjoyed the center of gravity tips because i constantly find myself in precarious situations dew to my lack of awareness of my center of gravity. I believe that my bouldering and climbing skills will improve if i take these tips to heart and really embrace some of his lessons. 


Flanagan, D. (2014, January 12). Ten Tips For Bouldering Indoors. Retrieved December 19, 2014, from http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=5981

No comments:

Post a Comment