Monday, May 3, 2010

Lost rivers – Inn Courtts

Many rivers, creeks and streams are disappeared under the concrete nowadays. I could not believe it at first, but it is true.

This article gives us shock and hope. At first, it introduces the reality of killing rivers. These rivers become basements and sewers, and then be forgotten. After that, it shows some new movements to “daylight” those forgotten rivers. In St. John’s, Vancouver… the river and stream are about to be daylighted again.

I had never thought burying rivers under concretes before I read this article. I thought a bridge is the only way to cross the river. It is shame to destroy rivers due to human’s selfish. It is good thing, however, that human realize that, and try to take those rivers back. I hope all rivers would be daylighted someday.

Inn Courtts. “Lost rivers.” Canadian Geographic. May/June 2002. Print

No comments:

Post a Comment