Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Medical miracle on Everest: Ken Kamler on TED.com | TED Blog

Rating ****

This TED talk was really amazing to me because my whole life I’ve been interested in the human body and watching this really blew me away. This is a story told from the perspective a the only doctor on mount everest during the worst climbing disaster on everest. Beck was trapped at the top of Mount Everest during a a storm and ended up being buried in the snow for 36 hours. Finally through sheer willpower was able to reactivate his mind and walk back down Mount Everest to the camp and ended up surviving. I thought this was absolutely amazing that the human mind is capable of such an extrodinary feat and it only goes to show how powerful the human mind can be when we have the will to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment