Friday, March 11, 2011

Heli-skiing luring intermediate skiers - By Diana Gialo

Rating: ****

I thought this article was quite a good read.

I recently heard about Helicopter skiing and immediately decided to never try it because I didn’t think I had the ability to do it. Little did I know, that it is not only a sport for extreme skiers. Heli-skiing can be a fun experience for intermediate or “Blue square” skiers too. Although it is a full-body, physically demanding sport that requires participants to be healthy and in shape to enjoy.

Operators target audience this year is actually intermediate skiers. “I want to involve more people that have passed on it because they didn’t think they had the ability to heli-ski. That’s our market right now.” (Joe Royer, president of the Heli Ski US Association) I learned that heli-skiing can be very costly and that is the main obstacle stopping skiers from giving helicopter skiing a chance. To me, it sounds like a trip of a lifetime that’s worth the money.

It's something I’d love to cross off my bucket list.


Gialo, Diana. Heli-skiing luring intermediate skiers. msnbc.com. 12/14/2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment