Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Unfinished Business

Rating: ***
Author: Alex Matthews
It is about the reasons why more and more kayaking expeditions are seemingly failing. He describes that because many things have already been done in the kayaking community, the bar has been set incredibly high for someone to gain notoriety, as compared to when just kayaking around Vancouver Island was considered a very high achievement. It also says that because of social media, like facebook and twitter, it is a lot easier for people to get the word out about an expedition, even if they have no means or skills to complete it.

I thought this article was a little interesting to read about at the time, but nothing very memorable.
I never thought about the point the author is trying to make, but it makes a lot of sense to me. Even though many people try to raise the bar on things like this, it is one area that I am fine just paddling around and enjoying myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment