Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wet Your Whistle - Gerry Godsoe

Rating: ***

I think that this artical is a must read for everyone; hikers and athletes alike. It describes dehydration: its detrimental effects, how to spot it before it happens and, perhaps most importantly, how to avoid it. Some of the effects of dehydration are, irritability, fatigue, headache and dizziness, while increasingly severe symptoms include dry mouth, lack of persperation and, eventually, delirium. There are many ways to treat dehydration, but the best way would be to prevent it from ever occuring in the first place.
Even though this article was basically developing on something I was already aware of, I still found it educational. I believe that there is only a small amount of people who actually know the dangers of dehydration and believe me, it isn't something to be taken lightly. Trust me, from personal experience, lack of water can really ruin your day.

Godsoe, Gerry. Wet Your Whistle, Ottawa Outdoors, summer/fall 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment