Thursday, January 19, 2012

Buying a Canoe – Things to consider before you make your purchase by Brad Wipperman

Rating: ****

This article is a must read for anyone who intends to buy a canoe. The author gives a large list of very important things to consider when buying a canoe. Some of the important things to consider are:

· What type of trip will the canoe be used for?
· How many people will be in the canoe on the average trip?
· What will the average weight in the canoe be?
· What will be the average trip length?
· What type of material will your canoe be made from?
· What is your trim preference?
· What are the differences between asymmetrical and symmetrical canoes?
· How does the rocker affect the tracking of the canoe?
· How does hull shape affect performance?
· Why is the shape of the sides and bow important?
· What about length, width and depth?
· How are the seats constructed?

These are just some of the many questions that the author recommends you ask. All of these questions are very important.

After I read this article, I thought about the possibility that I might want to buy a canoe some day. Chances are I will want to buy a canoe eventually, so this article was a big help to me. The useful questions that the author recommended to ask will make buying a canoe very easy for me. I had no idea that the length of your trip was so important for buying a canoe. I would recommend that anyone buying a canoe should read this article.

http://www.outdooradventurecanada.com/canoe-buying.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment