Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How To Make Desert Shelters

by Survive The Outdoors
Rating ***

I thought this article was very interesting because I have lived most of my life in a desert area but had never thought you could build a shelter under the sand. Your suppose to dig a somewhat shallow oval whole to lay in you put a tarp over the whole and anchor the sides you then cover the tarp with sand so there is a pocket underneath to sleep in. I don't think it would be that as easy as it seems in the article because in my dessert experience  the ground under the sand was either really hard and difficult to dig in or wet and at night the dessert gets cold and the moist soil would make you colder. I think it would be a good shelter for the day but I don't think so at night. It was a good and informative article.

No comments:

Post a Comment