Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Article Number 1
Janic Barrington


The History of Surfing

Author Unknown

Ranking- Very Good

Surfing has been a big part of my life for the past two years yet I never knew about its history. People have been surfing for thousands of years, among Pacific Islanders. But it was only in the early 1900s that surfing began to be recognized as a legitimate sport. Surfing is a very popular sport around the world on any beach in which you can find big enough waves. Although the sport of surfing has evolved throughout the previous years, any surfer still appreciates waiting for the perfect wave and riding it all the way to the beach.
This article affected me because it got me thinking about how long this hobby of mine has been around. I've been surfing for a few years but never thought about its history. It has inspired me to surf more when I go on vacation to Florida this summer and it has showed me how much I truly miss surfing. This article may not change my behavior but it has taught me to appreciate surfing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment