Monday, June 18, 2012

Protect yourself from "Beaver Fever" - Kevin Callan

Rating: ****

In this article, Callan explains how to protect yourself from Giardia Lamblia, also known as the beaver fever. There are so many things contaminating water that if you were to just dip your cup in you're taking a very big risk. Giardia Lamblia is a tiny cyst that gets into the water cycle by being deposited with the feces of an infected animal. It only takes 10 of these cysts to infect your body. Symtpoms include diarrhea, cramps, fatigue, weight loss and many more. A simple water filter is the best purification system.

This article has affected me because now I know to be more careful when drinking water. If I am out camping I need to make sure to purify it and be extra careful because of the pollutants the water can carry. It will definetely make me more careful because I don't really think about the water being purified or anything when I'm out camping. We have a filter at home for our water, so I know I don't have to worry about the home water too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment