Sunday, December 2, 2012

Marcel Dicke: Why not eat insects?


rating: ****

This TED Talk is an eye opening lecture about how we are wasting our time by not eating insects. He makes numerous very convincing points how insects are good for the world, good tasting, and good for you. 

Marcel explains all the perks and advantages to eating insects. There is over 600 million species off insects, and we aren’t capitalizing on there value. Another advantage to insects is that they are pure protein. He goes on and on about how we are going to need to make the switch from livestock and constantly trying to keep up with agriculture demand, to eating insects to compensate. I kept thinking to myself how easy and fun it would be to incorporate bugs into my next camping trip meal plan. 

It was very interesting and I learned to open my mind up to the thought of eating insects. He made them seem so appealing and a valid choice for part of a meal in the near future. I am seriously considering stepping out of my comfort zone and maybe picking up an insect time im camping and eating it. Since they're so abundant it would be a shame no never capitalize on them. I recommend you watch this TED Talk, it might just change your opinion on eating creepy crawlies.

"Marcel Dicke: Why Not Eat Insects?" TED: Ideas worth Spreading. N.p. Web. 02 Dec. 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment