Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Article #4


SNOWBOARDING: A BRIEF INTRODUCTION
By: Chris Lindsay
Rating: ***

          Do you want to learn a new sport this winter?? If so, this article tells you the equipment and the beginners’ technique for snowboarding.

          First you need equipment to snowboard. Let’s start with the boots. The right pair of boots should be snug but allows you to wiggle your toes. If you don’t have the right fitted boots you will not be able to make as sharp of turns. Secondly you will need bindings for your boots. Make sure that your bindings tighten your boots to the board. If your boots are not tight on your board it will have an effect on your control. Last you need a board. To choose your board it all depends on what type of rider you are (ex. Park, Powder, Freeride, Splitboards, Women’s, Kid’s, and Wide). Now you can hit the slopes.

          This article affected me by telling what I need to look for if I am planning to buy a snowboard or even if I want to try it out. I now know what specifications I need to look for so that I get the best out of my ride.

          If you want to learn more about what to look for in a snowboard visit the link below.

Lindsay, Chris. “Snowboarding: A Brief Introduction”. Ottawa Outdoors Magazine. OttawaOutdoors.ca.Online. January 2, 2013.     

No comments:

Post a Comment