Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Article #2

SECOND ANNUAL BLIZZARD BIKE RACE
Explore Magazine

Rating: 4/5


Although this article is not very long, I chose to write about it because I am truly interested in the topic. On February 23, 2013, Alberta locals had their second annual blizzard bike race. This is a bike race through the snow! This is the only registered winter race in western Canada. The race is a friendly race with a twenty dollar entry fee. 

Contestants use a special bike called a "fat bike" that is sold on the market. The tires are thick, making it easier to bike on the snow. I did not even know that this was possible until reading the article. To this day, Devon, Alberta is the only area hosting real races in this bike category. I don't think it will be very long until Red Bull hears about this and creates a world series.

After reading the article, I will definitely be checking this out! I would love to bike even during the winter. I hope that this sport becomes very popular. Bike paths will still be used in the winter time. 



Explore Magazine. "2nd Annual Blizzard Bike Race - Alberta's Only Winter Bike Race!". Explore Magazine Website (online). http://explore-mag.com/8368/news/2nd-annual-blizzard-bike-race-albertas-only-winter-bike-race

No comments:

Post a Comment