Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hike Further and Faster - Article #2

Hike Further and Faster
By: Explore Magazine
Rating: ***

The article that I chose to read is called "Hike Further and Faster"; this article is an informative as opposed to narrative article, therefore includes more tips than actual body paragraphs. I enjoyed this format because it's easy to read and gets straight to the point. Since I am a hiker, this article was fascinating to me because I am always trying to improve my skill and endurance, considering I tend to take hikes that include a lot of uphill walking. 

Throughout the article are tips on how to be able to go further and faster during your hike, just like the title suggests. There are 6 tips that have to do with what food to bring, the right gear to use and in general what to pack. Along with these tips are explanations which makes it easier to understand. 

Overall I quite enjoyed this article because I do a lot of day hikes with my family, from leisurely hikes in the Gatineau hills to more challenging adventures in the Adirondacks. This is also relevant because as a class we will be going on a 3 day hiking trip so being prepared and packing light is going to be key.


Source: Magazine, Explore. "Hike Further and Faster." Explore Magazine. Web10 April 2013.

By: Briana Day

No comments:

Post a Comment