Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Matthew Childs' 9 Life Lessons From Rock Climbing - TED Talk

rating: ***** of *****

Although rock climbing isn't my strong suit, it is one of the activities that I learn the most from. The same is true for Matthew Childs. In his TED Talk, Matthew Childs talks about the life lessons that can be taken from different kinds of rock climbing. Some of the lessons are as simple as "don't let go", but now after watching the Talk, I can add a life lesson of my own; Balance is Key.

The day the outdoor ed classes went rock climbing at Coyote Rock Gym, I remember winning the challenge climb. I moved slowly in order to maintain my balance, and it was the rock around the corner that allowed me to hook my ankle and remain balanced when I moved my hands.

Although some people might find the life lessons to be cheesy, they are important to be reminded of and sometimes liasons such as this TED Talk, make them easier to remember.

Childs, Matthew. "Matthew Childs' 9 Life Lessons from Rock Climbing." TED: Ideas worth Spreading. TED, Apr. 2009. Web. 17 June 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment