Thursday, December 5, 2013

Buying Guide For Cross Country Skis - Steven Kopitz

Rating: ****

As the title clearly indicates, this article is a how to guide to buying cross cuontry skis.  As I am potentially in the market for a pair of skis for this season, I thought this would be a great article to read and review.  I thuoght the article was very informative and really helped me narrow down exactly what I need for the skiing that I do at school.  The article explained all the types of skis, what each one is used for, the types of wax, and also how to size skis and poles.  As someone who knows very little about thenspecifics of XC skiing, this article tought me a lot.

I really enjoyed reading this article because it was well written and it answered the majority of the questions that I had going into reading it.  I would reccomend this article to anyone who, like me, doesn't know very much about XC skiing but wants to get into the sport.  The reason why I gave it 4 stars rather than 5 is because the article didn't talk about poles, but that was not of the greatest importance to me.

Kopitz. Steven. Buying Guide For Cross Country Skis. http://www.skis.com/Buying-Guide-for-Cross-Country-Skis/buying-guide-5-2-2012,default,pg.html

1 comment: