Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Dakota Fire Hole- author unknown


Rating: ****

This was a very interesting and instructive article on how to properly create a Dakota Fire Hole.

The Dakota Fire Hole is a way to construct a fire that is hot and burns without using a lot of fuel. It is one of the most useful ways to build a campfire, simply because of the layout of the fire pit. In this article, the reader learns how to build the Dakota Fire Hole properly with the aid of diagrams, descriptions, and pictures.

I think that this is a very useful way to build campfires, although it would be very difficult to recreate without practice, especially for someone like me who would need the instructions with me. The next time I go camping, I'll probably see if I can try to build it, but not without first attempting it in my backyard. This is quite a good article and I think that anyone who is interested in camping and wilderness survival should read it.

Author unknown. The Dakota Fire Hole.
http://survivaltopics.com/the-dakota-fire-hole/

1 comment: