Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Prepping for winter weather emergencies
••• 
Laurie Lee Dovey

        This article is on how to be prepared for winter storms. It provides a detailed explanation and examples that would be very helpful to the average person. However is it interesting enough to keep the reader wanting to read?

         This article consists of the author warning everyone that they need to be prepared for the unpredictable, minimizing the chance of injuries and even fatalities. She then goes on to tell the reader on how they can be prepared, putting a plan in place, supplies you will need and how you will need to react to the storm.

         The reason I thought this article was a great article was due to the fact that the author gave a step-by-step proses on what and how you will need to do things in emergencies situations. The article affects me as if a storm was to hit right now I wouldn’t be ready. After reading this article I at least know what I have to do in an emergency situation. The article has made me think about, putting a plan in place in my household, so that when and if the time comes we will be prepared. I learned that there are a lot of things that you need to take into consideration, as the article says, “no two storms are alike.” I think it has changed my behavior towards weather emergencies, however I don’t know if it will for the majority of readers as in some points of the article, the writing becomes very dry and boring due to the style of the author. The article has a good message however if I didn’t have to read this article I dot know that I would have.

        Dovey, Laurie, Prepping for a Winter Weather Emergencies, outdoor hub, N.p. Np., November, 13 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment