Saturday, May 31, 2014

Extreme Wingsuit Flying - Ueli Gegenschatz (TED Talk)

Extreme Wingsuit Flying - Ueli Gegenschatz
****

This TED Talk has been one of the most interesting ones I have seen because it is both inspiring and informative on a subject that I have wondered about many times.

Mr. Gegenschatz speaks about his experiences as a skydiver, base jumper, and wingsuit flyer, along with many other activities that he has done. He tells of his process of becoming a wingsuit flyer, which includes becoming skillful in many different types of freefalling. He then shows a video montage of many of his different jumps, and a few stunts he did like surf-diving of of a hot air balloon. After the video is shown, Ueli answers a few questions about his diving experiences like how he lands.

I really enjoyed this TED Talk because just a few weeks ago, I was watching a video of people wingsuit flying and wondered what kind of training it took to do it and how exactly they landed. This video answered my questions and then some. I find it interesting all of the different ways there are to dive, and also the stunts that he has performed. Even though I don’t think I will ever do anything like this, Mr. Gegenschatz has inspired me to work towards any goals or dreams I have. He is a terrific example of how hard work pays off.

"Ueli Gegenschatz: Extreme wingsuit flying." TED.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 May 2014. <http://www.ted.com/talks/ueli_gegenschatz_extreme_wingsuit_jumping?language=en>.

No comments:

Post a Comment