Sunday, June 1, 2014

Article Assignment #3

Father Goose - Marika McKenzie

Rating : ****

This has to be one of the most inspiring articles I've ever read.

In the article “Father Goose”, Marika McKenzie talks about a man named Bill Lishman. Bill is known for his “migration flights”, where he would fly in his aircraft and guide endangered bird species to their native habitat. He uses a technique, “imprinting” so that the birds can follow him, because some birds are attracted to the first moving things they see when they’re born. His most famous migration flight was from Purple Hill, Ontario to Warrenton, Virginia, where he guided 18 Canada Geese.

As I said before, this article really inspired me. It’s good to know that there are people out in the world doing the right thing for our wildlife. I hope more people have heard about Bill’s story and shared it. Our world needs more people like Bill. I’m not saying that people have to only do migration flights, I just wish there were more people really taking action towards saving our wildlife.

I wish to take action one day on saving our wildlife, I hope all readers do as well.

McKenzie, Marika. Father Goose. Canadian Geographic. Dec, 2013. Retrieved   from : http://www.canadiangeographic.ca/magazine/dec13/lishman-teaching-birds-to-migrate.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment