Monday, June 2, 2014

Roz Savage: Why I'm rowing across the Pacific.

TED talk
Roz Savage: Why I'm rowing across the Pacific
Rating: *****
       

            Roz Savage quit her job to become an ocean rower. She went solo across the Atlantic ocean in 2005 and her new goal was to cross the ocean from the West Coast of the US to Australia. She started this adventure in 2008. She rowed from California to Hawaii, Hawaii to Kiribati in 2009. In April 2010 she began the third and final stage of her Pacific row, from Kiribati to Australia. This article has taught me that you should follow our dreams. It is never to late to follow our dreams. Like Roz Savage, she quit her job as a management counsellor for 11 years to pursue her dream of ocean rowing. I learned that anyone can do anything they set their mind to. Anything is possible. This has inspired me to do the same.

Savage, Roz. "Why I'm rowing across the Pacific". TED talk. June 2nd 2014.
<http://www.ted.com/speakers/roz_savage>

No comments:

Post a Comment