Monday, June 2, 2014

Ted talk

Seas of plastic
Charles Moore:
****
This ted talk really makes you think, is all of the garbage really worth the ease of throw away items.

This Ted Talk takes on a huge message, it talks about how our oceans are being polluted with all kinds of garbage, mainly bottles and these bottles don’t sink as there is a cap on them, because there floating in water large birds, mistake the bottle caps for food, and eat the bottle caps. I didn’t believe it when he said it, however after he showed the picture, I couldn’t believe my eyes there were up to 20 caps in a bird. It wasn’t just affecting large birds, also small fish. Studies show that each little fish can consume up to 90 pieces of the shreds of glass, Styrofoam and plastic. He predicts that our oceans won’t be tolerable to swim or even live near within 20 years.

It really makes you think twice about the environment, when you’re recycling, when your using plastic plates, I never really knew that it was affecting the earth this poorly. I can’t say that I’m not going to do it anymore, but ill be more conscious of it, and try to do my part of saving our oceans and our lands. I learnt that our environment is really in a state of crisis, I know I’ve heard it so many times, but some of the images were very graphic and very sad to think we live in a world were our garbage floats all around us.


Moore, Charles. "Seas of plastic." Charles Moore:. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 June 2014. <http://www.ted.com/talks/capt_charles_moore_on_the_seas_of_plastic>.  

No comments:

Post a Comment