Sunday, December 14, 2014

Winter Camping: An Intro To The Next Level For Year Round Camping- Miranda Miller


Rating: ***

In this article, Miranda Miller explains to her audience how to plan and prepare a winter camping trip properly, so that they will have a safe, enjoyable time.   

   In “Winter Camping: An Intro To The Next Level For Year Round Camping”, the reader learns about the proper clothing to wear in cold conditions. The author explains the pros and cons to a few types of fabrics, and suggests ways and times in which to use them. Advice on what shelter and sleeping bag to use is also given, as well as what specific foods to eat when winter camping. The possible dangers of hypothermia and frostbite are briefly outlined, as the author encourages readers to further research the topic.

This article has educated me on many things to do with winter camping such as what foods are the best to eat, what clothes to wear, and what shelter is the best to use. I hope to retain this knowledge and to use it during the winter camp in PAD 2O, as well as any other times I may need it in my life. It has made me consider the importance of proper planning before embarking on a trip. I hope to be able to spread my knowledge to my peers during winter camp, as well as enjoy winter camping after high school. The information this article has provided me with makes me feel more prepared, and assured that I will have a fun, safe time during the winter camp. I feel encouraged to further research the topic.   



Miller, Miranda. 'Winter Camping: An Intro To The Next Level For Year Round Camping'.Beginnercampingtips.com. N.p., 2014. Web. 13 Dec. 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment