Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Article #4 Get Your Kids Canoeing

Rating: ****
Title: Get Your Kids Canoeing

This article was great and had great explanations of how to get into the sport of canoeing. The article starts off by talking about how to organise a family paddle. It gives you information on what you’ll need and the skills you have to acquire before you take your trip. It also talks about the difference between canoeing and kayaking and the advantages and disadvantages to both. This article is great for giving you information on the supplies you’ll need to have a successful trip. Finally the article talks about how you can take your trip one step further. It gives you info on canoeing camps and clubs you can join. This article was more than helpful if you’re looking to try the sport of canoeing.

This article has affected me in the way that i want to get out and do canoe trips with my family. It gave me information on all the things i'll need to complete the trip as well as the skills I need. This article makes me think why my family never did activities like canoeing or camping, it’s made me want to get out of the house more. After reading this article I learned about all the camps and clubs that are provided in sports like canoeing and kayaking. The article makes you see how easy it is to get out of the house and do something fun in the outdoors. Staying inside all weekend seems like a waste of time and this article has inspired me to ask my parents about setting up a canoe trip and maybe a camping trip as well. This article was a truly fantastic article and I’d recommend it to anyone who is interested in the outdoors even a little bit.

References

Gocanoeing.org.uk,. 'Get Your Kids Canoeing - Go Canoeing'. N.p., 2015. Web. 9 June 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment