Friday, June 5, 2015

How To Make Running A Lifestyle

How To Make Running A Lifestyle by Sarah Crouch
Rating: ***

This article will help you with tips to go from the couch to a 5k run.

Running is not a punishment, but rather a gift or reward, according to the author. It can be made into part of your life by ensuring you use three simple tricks: make it fun, slowly build up endurance, and create a support group. Make it fun by interacting with your environment, changing up your path, or even listening to music or an audiobook. Build endurance by having walk breaks, and keep the intervals between running and walking consistent. Tell your family and friends about your goals, and if you keep them updated then you have a really good support group.

I am not a runner, however this article was really eye opening for me. Knowing that doing really simple things can make something I find tedious 'fun' was intriguing. I may never become a runner, I may never love it, but knowing what I do now may encourage me to try and go out running a few times a month.

Crouch, Sarah. 'How To Make Running A Lifestyle'. ACTIVE.com. N.p., 2015. Web. 5 June 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment