Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Ted Talk: Nature. Beauty. Gratitude

Ted Talk: Nature.  Beauty.  Gratitude

By Louie Schwartzberg
Rating:***
This Ted Talk program was about Louie Schwartzberg and how he began his career as a photographer.  In the video, he recalled that he lived in a small town and didn’t even have a telephone or a television.  He also didn’t have a lot of money and couldn’t afford to buy a lot of film, so he started to experiment with time lapse photography.  He would take 4 weeks to use a four minute piece of film which was all right because there wasn’t money for film.

He liked to take time lapse photography of flowers.  He saud their movement is like a dance and that he would never get tired of watching them.  Their beauty is full of colour, taste, and touch and that they provide us with one third of the food that we eat.  He says that their beauty makes us realize that we are a part of nature and not separate from it.  His film makes us connect with nature.

He says that when people see his images, they say “Oh my God.”  He thinks that this is because the “oh” has caught their attention, the “my” connects with something deep inside their soul, and the “God” inspires us and makes us feel connected to a universe full of life.

He says that 80% of the information we receive comes from our eyes and that it is important that we use this to feel the pleasure and beauty of nature.  We should open our eyes and appreciate all that nature has given us.  We should look at the colours that have been given to us for us to enjoy.  We should look at faces and think about the stories that are behind each of those faces.  We are all connected in some way and we should realize that all life flows together at the end.

This video affected me because it made me think of all the things that I see with my eyes but never took the time to appreciate.  It is amazing to think that these images were given to us to enjoy and that we should never forget that.  The next time I’m having a bad day, I’m going to think about these things and try to be grateful for what I have in this world.  This video will also make me more thankful for all the gifts of nature and I hope to be able to look at them differently in the future and appreciate them for the beautiful things that they are.  It was a very interesting video that made me think about things I have not thought of before.

to read more go to:http://www.ted.com/talks/louie_schwartzberg_nature_beauty_gratitude/transcript?language=en

No comments:

Post a Comment