Thursday, June 4, 2015

Ted Talk

Ted Talk

Elora Hardy: Magical houses, made of bamboo

Rating: *****

I absolutely loved this Ted Talk! I can honestly say that this has to be one of the most interesting and creative Ted Talks that I have ever viewed. Everything Elora talked about made a lot of sense to me, gave me ideas about what the future could possibly turn out to be and gave me a new outlook about houses in the wilderness.

This article firstly showed many unimaginable bamboo houses that she had designed and her father had created. Elora mentions that bamboo grows all around us (grows very fast as well), it's lightweight (just as strong as steel, if not, stronger), she even mentions that it is extremely lightweight. What I personally though was crazy was that one bamboo stick can grow a meter long within a matter of only three days! This left me with extreme thought on why we wouldn't just use bamboo for our own houses instead of other materials like steel. After all, bamboo is just as strong, if not, stronger. 

This Ted Talk left me with a very positive though and I personally believe that anyone and everyone should watch this video and we should start implementing this into new houses just like Elora and her father do. 

https://www.ted.com/talks/elora_hardy_magical_houses_made_of_bamboo#t-126627

Devan Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment