Friday, April 1, 2011

No Such Thing as Safe Ice, Only Safer Ice

This article describes the many dangers of ice fishing and being on ice. It really emphasizes the fact that there is no safe ice, only safer ice. This article talks about different places and thickness of ice is acceptable for ice fishing, walking, and snowmobiling and ATVs. It runs through safety precautions and equipment you should bring to ensure your safety and what to do in case you do happen to fall through. I think the most important and obvious clue about being on ice in the winter is to never, ever drink alcohol before going on the ice surface. In my opinion, it is the worst position to be in. I learned a lot from this article. I had no idea what I would do if I fell through on ice. Now, I know a few basics to stay safe and have fun. Farmer, Mark. "No Such Thing as Safe Ice, Only Safer Ice" April 1, 2011. http://www.pursuetheoutdoors.com/articles/2009/01/14/no-such-thing-as-safe-ice-only-safer-ice/

No comments:

Post a Comment