Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome to Survival School

Rating * I was excited to read an article on how to survive in the wilderness, hoping that the information would help me with our survival kit assignment, but I definitely didn't go to the right article. I was very disapointed when I finished Jason McBride's article. At the beginning I thought reading of his experiences outdoors might be able to prep me but what started out as comical advice, turned into a few boring stories about himself. In this article, Jason McBride breifly talks about what he learned from going to survival school and more about his teachers and a book he read. I would not recommend this article, however it did mention one thing that I will take into account when I go to make my survival kit: a person can last a month without food, three days without water, and between 30-40 hours without shelter. With this said, in order to stay alive, you must think: shelter, water, fire, and then food. McBride, Jason. Welcome to Survival School. Web. Explore Canada's Outdoor Magazine 2011. April 1, 2011. http://explore-mag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment