Friday, November 11, 2011

WINTER CAMPING: HOW TO BUILD AN IGLOO

WINTER CAMPING: HOW TO BUILD AN IGLOO

Rating ****

“Canadians live in Igloos” is the most famous stereotype of Canada. But can you build an igloo? This article is perfect to get information and be able to build one. It is really easy to read and has clear explanations.

“Winter Camping: How to build an igloo” explains why you need an igloo and the origin of this shelter. Then, the author carefully gives different steps to build an igloo. He adds helpful personal advice. He talks about useful techniques to get good and quick results. There is information about how you can get a good temperature in your igloo and the circulation of air. The most important is that you mustn’t cook in the igloo because it pollutes the air and it’s really dangerous! There is some advice about igloo life, for example you shouldn’t drink during three hours before sleeping!

I really like this article, because I learned a lot about winter camping and how to build an igloo. I didn’t know for example, that it is possible to keep 4 degrees Celsius during the entire night in an igloo. The information is clear and easy to understand! Now, I just look forward to having some snow and trying to build one! I hope that I can go winter camping one time in my life.

I recommend this article for everybody who wants to build an igloo or get information about life in an igloo.

Winter Camping: How to build an Igloo. Chantal Macartney. Ottawa Outdoor Magazine Web. . 11 November 2011.

By Sarah Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment