Wednesday, January 25, 2012

artical

Trail running, anywhere anytime
By Dave McMahon

Rating # 
this was a terrible article but the subject was really interesting to me. He talked about running in the woods and trails off of the original pavement or track.

He said that the work out is much more vigorous then running on flat ground. The leaps and bounds twists and turns make for a different and innovative way to work out. Trail running is very hard and would take many day to finally get the hang of it. You need excellent balance, awareness, and mobility to preform at a high level things that you will pick up over time. And once you get the hang of it you could try the more advanced trails or create your own.

For me trail running is a sport I grew up with and have been doing my hole life since I was a child. My father created trails in the forest at my house. My mother and I have been going for walks for about 10 year and I still go today. To create my own trails I used to follow the dogs through the woods. I go every once and a while just to have a little bit of fun.

This article had a very interesting topic but I would not jump for the book to read it. I suggest that you try trail running every chance you get.

Source: Ottawa outdoor summer/fall 2009 “Trail running Anywhere, Anytime.” By Dave McMahon PG 11

No comments:

Post a Comment