Saturday, March 31, 2012

Marathon 101 by Catherine Cardinal



***

Running a marathon is very difficult and takes a bunch of small goals to complete your final goal, but is worth it in the end.

This article explains how to prepare yourself mentally and physically for a marathon. It is important to know the necessary steps to complete a marathon so you have a successful end result. Starting with a goal is important to keep yourself motivated and on track. Start off easy and slowly increase the distance you run.  Pace yourself. Lastly, running a marathon isn’t easy, so be prepared to put the time and effort into it.

This article is helpful for me because starting every winter my mom does a lot of running and training for the marathon in the spring. I never really appreciate all the effort and time she puts into training for a marathon, but now that I know it is essential to train, so you don’t injure yourself, I will be more understanding.  Also learning about marathons makes me think it could be possible to run one.  If I start training now I could possibly run a half marathon this fall and next year a marathon. The steps and information given in the article have encouraged and also prepared me to run a marathon.    

Catherine Cardinal, Marathon 101, Adventura. (http://www.adventuramag.ca/) pg.32 summer2010_vol. 2 No. 2, under Mind and Body.        

No comments:

Post a Comment