Monday, June 4, 2012

The Secret of Crab Lake-Kevin Callan


****

This article is a about Kevin telling what happened on his camping trip with his friend Noel and his five-year-old son Walker. He explains how Noel had a lot of demands for the prefect camping trip so that his son Walker would enjoy it. They chose Crab Lake because of the talk about the prize bass. After setting up camp they went fishing. The men expected to catch the big fish and let Walker keep himself busy with the little fish, but it was Walker that caught there dinner. Even though the trip didn’t go exactly as planned, they had a good time and made Walker an excited for next year’s camping trip.

This article was fun to read because it reminded me of all the good times I’ve had camping. I think camping should be experienced by everyone at least once. When I was little I couldn’t wait for the time were we packed up our car and went camping. It’s also the best feeling when you catch your first fish and I know how Walker felt being the only one to catch something. Reading this article reminds me of all the great memoires and is getting me excited for my camping trip this summer.

Canoe Roots, The Secret of Crab Lake, p.20-21, Sporting, annual 2002, www.rapidmag.com    




No comments:

Post a Comment