Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Article #2 Liam Meek


The Ultimate Canyon Rig

Rating *****
By Scott Macgregor

This article is about building a high quality white water raft.

The article is basically a how to guide on building a multi person white water raft. It includes lots of tips on the best products for the project and also the cost for purchasing them. It details why these are the best products and how they should be used in the raft. It includes suggestions such as buying a good set of oars for paddling and a cheaper set that can be strapped to the raft and used as spare paddles if needed. The article ends by showing how to tie all of the equipment into the boat and the proper knots to use.

I found the article to be very informative. Firstly, it included lots of interesting tips for creating raft and how to use them. One thing I found interesting was a section on which coolers are recommended for use in the raft. Since I go camping a lot, I liked seeing something that I could use in my personal life. The pictures of the raft in action are also quite cool as they show all of the hard work put into the white water raft. All in all, I thought this was a great article.

Macgregor, Scott. Page 32-35. Summer 2012. Rapid The white water magazine. Print. Accessed Dec 8 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment