Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Quest For Fire

Quest For Fire
By: Chantal Macartney

Rating **


The article Quest For Fire  by Chantal Macartney is a guide to making a successful and safe fire. I personally think that it is informative, but it didn't contain anything that I didn't already know. This article describes proper placement, for a safe fire, proper technique for starting a fire, and the proper wood selection for a long lasting fire. The content of this article is very useful and I strongly urge anybody who has a hard time to start a fire to read it.

This article is all in all useful for a beginner, but since I knew everything in it already I found it somewhat unnecessary. My opinion is that like I said before, if you need advice on fires, read it, but if you are already confident in fire starting, this article will not teach you anything. That is why I only gave it two stars, but thats not to say that it wouldn't be useful to anther person.

Macartney, Chantal. "Quest For Fire." Ottawa Outdoors. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Jan. 2013. <http://ottawaoutdoors.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=155:quest-for-fire&catid=35:adventure-articles>.

No comments:

Post a Comment