Thursday, March 21, 2013

How to Get Kids into Whitewater Kayaking - Jennifer Gratto


Article Assignment

How to Get Kids into Whitewater Kayaking - Jennifer Gratto

**** (out of 5)

While reading this article, it struck me that whitewater kayaking has proved to be more than an activity for some people.

This article educates us about the purpose of kayaking, the program she initiated for kayaking; as well as basic instructions for kayaking and the importance of kayaking to some people. Kayaking is not only for entertainment purposes, but also, it is a release of stress, and pressure for certain people.

This article contains much more information than I could use, and the only reason I gave it 4 stars was because I felt that it didn't flow well. However, after reading this article, my interest in whitewater kayaking has augmented. If given the opportunity, I would go whitewater kayaking. This article has taught me how to choose proper equipment, and what a beginner, such as I, should do in order to go kayaking. Mrs. Gratto is someone who inspired many children to try new activities, and personally, I think that what she doing is impacting society in a very positive manner.   

Gratto, Jennifer . "How to Get Kids into Whitewater Kayaking." Ottawa Outdoors, Sep. 2008




No comments:

Post a Comment