Thursday, May 23, 2013

Article Assignment 3 - Briana Day

Outdoor Safety: Dealing With Dehydration

Briana Day 
***/5

Since my family and I are a pretty outdoorsy group of people, you will most likely find us making 2 - 4 trips to go hiking in the summer, depending on our schedule. I thought that this article would be relevant to my life because considering that we do make the effort to get outside and enjoy nature, we need to make sure that we stay hydrated.

I thought this article was pretty good at getting to the point and throughly explaining the ideas in the piece. This article features important information like the mild and severe cases of dehydrated, symptoms of being dehydrated and ways to prevent/deal with dehydration. It was very informative and there was definitely some useful information that I will use to my advantage when deciding how much water to bring on my upcoming trips.

I would recommend this article to anyone who is looking deepen their knowledge when it comes to dehydration and the effects that it can have on your body.

Source: Author Unknown, "Outdoor Safety: Dealing With Dehydration". Love The Outdoors. May 10 2013. May 23 2013. http://www.lovetheoutdoors.com/outdoor-safety-dealing-with-dehydration/

No comments:

Post a Comment