Sunday, May 19, 2013


WHEN YOU FLIP 
-Canoe Basics 

Rating: **** out of 5



The reason that I chose to do an article about flipping your canoe is because this week during a trip to the Ottawa river. Travis Jonas and myself decided to bump into a fellow canoe. After Amaresh and Ryan were upside down in the river, we decided that this was probably not a very good idea. But outdoor education is all about learning. Hopefully this will not happen again.

This article, or guide, features various ways to avoid flipping the canoe as well as ways to get back into the canoe after a tip or safely get equipment and canoe back to shore. I found it interesting to see the various ways that people can get back into the canoe and keep all equipment with them. I will use these pointers and lessons the next time that there is a canoe tip when I am there. I highly doubt that I will flip another canoe because I felt extremely bad the last time.

For anyone interested in how to survive a canoe tip, I would highly recommend this article. I am definitely going to suggest this to Amaresh and Ryan. 

http://www.canoeingbasics.com/canoeing10/when-you-flip/, canoe basics, when you flip. Author not known. 



No comments:

Post a Comment