Monday, June 17, 2013

TED talks - Ken Kamler: Medical miracle on Everest

Rating - *****
This is a story about how people can be extraordinary and survive even the hardest predicaments.
A group of people decided to do the summit of Mount Everest and started out on a clear day. Out of no where a storm rolled in and the climbers were trapped at the top of Mount Everest. When search parties went up they found body's of some, but one wasn't dead. One man manages to survive the storm after being left for dead.
I like this story because it is inspiring that someone can muster enough will power to survive a situation like that just based on thinking of his family. It makes me think of how important the people in my life are to me and how I would have tried to do the same thing if I was in his situation.
I would recommend this TED Talk to anyone because even if you are not planing on climbing Mount Everest it is still an inspirational story that will make you reflect on the ones you love.  

Ted talk ken kalmer Filmed Oct 2009 • Posted Mar 2010TEDMED 2009 http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_kamler_medical_miracle_on_everest.html
       

No comments:

Post a Comment