Monday, October 21, 2013

9 life lessons from rock climbing

9 Life Lessons from Rock Climbing – Matthew Child Rating: **** In this TED Talk veteran rock climber Matthew Child talks about his 9 life lessons he has learned over his many years of rock climbing experience. The nine pointers Matthew Child talks about are, Don’t let go, Hesitation is bad, Have a plan, The move is the end, Know how to rest, Fear sucks, Opposites are good, Strength doesn’t mean success, and How to let go. He discusses every point thoroughly and gives his advice for what to do in certain situations. This video has made me think about my rock climbing experiences and what mistakes I have been making. I think after watching this video, I will be able to make better decisions while rock climbing. One of the most important things I learned is to know how to let go. Knowing how to let go will make my climbing safer. This has inspired me to push myself to my limits and climb higher. Matthew Child – 9 Life Lessons From Rock Climbing – TED Talk 2009

1 comment: