Monday, October 21, 2013

The Bug Out Bag, Tim MacWelch

Rating: ☆☆☆ Natural disasters could happen at any second, you never know where or when they might occur. If immediate evacuation is required, how do you know what to grab on such short notice? this article gives you an idea of what to pack, where to store it, and how to stay alive in a circumstance like that! It's called a "Bug Out Bag". The bug out bag is a bag that is kept in your car, home, or work place, that is easily accessible in the case of an emergency. But what goes in this bag? Survival articles, such as fire starters, water, water treatment, tape, rope, shelter items such a tarp or a tent, clothing appropriate for the season, medication, high calorie food like protein bars, or anything else you think you would need for the time being. At the beginning of the article, when I was asked what I would pick up if had 3 minutes to gather anything I needed, I wasn't sure how to answer the question. But now since I've read this article, it has helped me prepare myself for scenarios where I would have to quickly leave my house, in an emergency. I will be sure to pack a "Bug Out Bag" for myself. MacWelch, Tim. The Bug Out Bag, Outdoor Life Survival. March 24, 2011 http://survival.outdoorlife.com/articles/survival/2011/03/bug-out-bag

1 comment: