Wednesday, March 26, 2014


Cross Country Skiing for Absolute Beginner

Cross Country Skiing fro Absolute Beginner : by Michael Mcgoldrick

Rating **** 

This is a great article that provides many tips that can be useful for beginner cross-country skiers, such as myself. 

Cross Country Skiing for Absolute Beginner is an article that informs beginner skiers on what it's like to cross country ski, and how to gradually improve. It explains different techniques to use when skiing in various places and conditions, such as going uphill, downhill, skate skiing, and the regular classic skiing. It also includes many tips and tricks to ensure a successful ski trip without injury, which would include proper stretching, nutrition, enough clothes, and making sure not to over exert yourself when you're new to cross country skiing. 

Overall I found this article very useful, seeing as I'm new to cross country skiing, and these tips and techniques will definitely come in handy, especially on my ski trip in Gatineau Park next week. I wasn't aware that there were so many different techniques that facilitate cross country skiing, but now that I've read about them, I'll be sure to try them out.

McGoldrick, Michael . "Cross-Country Skiing for the Absolute Beginner." XCSkiing.ca 2006: 

Anna Streib

No comments:

Post a Comment