Thursday, October 30, 2014

Five Principles of Pre-season Ski Training by: Chris Fellows


Rate:****

This is a great article that is aimed at the majority of skiers (that don't have their own personal trainer) that want to improve their performance for the next season. It gives many good tips and explains them very well.

The article gave 5 things to focus on in the pre-season to improve your performance on the slopes. It discussed flexibility, balance and coordination, strength, speed and endurance and gave many good exercises and training ideas to improve these. It also helped the reader to understand the importance of each aspect and how each aspect directly relates to skiing. What I really liked about the way the article was written was that it was intended for the majority of skiers that don't have a personal trainer or their own fitness program but still want to improve. The tips they gave were very practical and easy to bring into your own workout routine.

I was drawn to this article because as the weather is getting colder and colder, I'm getting more and more excited for skiing season. I'm a recreational skier and have skied almost my whole life but I'm definitely still looking to improve. I will try to use many of the ideas in this article to help me prepare for a great ski season this winter, however the tips are also very useful for general fitness and can be applied to many other sports. I really liked how the article explained the benefit of each principle and I found this was very motivating when you can imagine the direct application of pre-season training to what you are trying to improve for when you are on the hill. Overall, this article just made me look forward to a great ski season.

Fellows, Chris. 'Pre-Season Ski Training Tips On Adventure Sports Online'. Adventuresportsonline.com. N.p., 2014. Web. 28 Oct. 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment