Friday, June 5, 2015

Wilderness survival kit- top 10 items

Wilderness Survival Kit top ten items by Jason Knight
rate 3/5 stars
This article is about the top 10 most important items in an emergency survival kit. The article is an in depth look at the individual items that are important in a survival situation. the article is an opinion piece by Jason Knight. I don't agree however that certain items on the list are as important as others that should be. Here is the list:
Knife, Water Purification, Wool blanket, Lighter, Matches, Compass, First Aid Supplies, Flashlight, Small mess kit bowl & Parachute cord.

The article gives examples as to what those items could be used for.

The author chose to put a wool blanket as a top ten important gear list. I dont believe that this should be on the list do this, as there are other way to keep warm. Though it is important to bring, I don't think it should be in the top 10. I would replace it with a gps or a satellite phone; something that to signal a rescue team, as it could save your life. I agree with the rest of his list. This article did not really teach me anything new, as I already knew how important those items were in an emergency situation but it did teach me what paracord was. Overall, it’s a pretty simple article but it would be good to read if you were planning on packing an emergency kit.

Knight, Jason. "Wilderness Survival Kits: Top Ten Items." Alderleaf Wilderness College. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 June 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment